ER Exercise: Car dealership
Below is an ER model for a car dealership.
Questions you need to be able to answer:
- List the entity types.
- Does a car have to be classified as either new or used?
- For a used car, can you tell what model it is?
- What's the minimum number of cars that have to be classified as a certain type of model?
- Does a salesperson ever have to be involved in a test drive?
- If there's a test drive, does a salesperson have to be involved in it?
- What's the minimum number of cars a customer can purchase?
- Can we say exactly how many customers a certain salesperson sells a certain car to?
- What's the minimum number of customers a sales person has talked to?
- How many tables would be needed for this database?
- How many primary keys would be needed for this database?
- List all the tables in which a foreign key to Customer appears.
page revision: 0, last edited: 19 Aug 2008 00:19