University ER exercise: Answers to Exploration questions
- holds: no. chair: no. advisor: yes. has dept: no.
- advisor, teach, qual, position, dept
- advisor: 2 (prof, student). position: 2 (prof, dept). enroll: 2 (student, section).
- Two foreign keys, both from the course table. These are probably called course and prereq (or something like that anyway).
- 0 (the circle on the line next to section below enroll)
- 1 (the 1 between chair and dept and the 1 between has-dept and college)
- many (the m between has-dept and dept and the 1 between chair and prof)
- 1 (the dash on the line between has-depth and dept and the dash on the line between position and prof
- 1 (the dash between offered and course)
- 0 (the dash between offered and course and the circle between has-section and section)
Back to the university problem.
page revision: 1, last edited: 20 Aug 2008 13:15