Here we are presented with the following form. Note that one section can have only one professor, one professor can teach more than one section, a student can only have one major, several courses can have the same course title, and professors can share an office.
|Ross School of Business|
|Fall semester 2008|
|Course: BIT330||Section: 3|
|Title: Web-based Information Resources|
|Instructor ID: 1253||Name: Norma L. Form|
|Instructor Office: E2616|
- Perform all the steps of the normalization process in order to get this relation into 1NF. What is the primary key of this relation? Draw the determinancy diagram.
- How many primary keys are there?
- How many fields are there in the primary key(s)?
- Find a partial key dependency in this relation.
- Find a transitive dependency in this relation.
- Transform this into determinancy diagrams that are in 3NF using the graph method. State any assumptions you have to make.
- Now how many primary keys are there?
- How many tables are there?